Daniel Defense announced on their blog that they will bring an AR-platform carbine chambered for the .300 BLK to the market in 2012. The new caliber will be found in the company’s M4 V5 carbine.
The .300 BLK, or .300 BLACKOUT, has gotten a lot of traction during the past year. I’ve previously said that I expect we will see a lot of guns and ammunition at the 2012 SHOT Show introduced for this cartridge.
The Daniel Defense M4 V5 is a mid-length carbine that comes with all of the bells and whistles. From the M4 V5 product page:
- Lower Receiver: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point
- Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps
- Barrel: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 16″ Govt Profile, Mid-length Gas System, Chrome Lined, MP tested, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate coated
- Chamber: 5.56 NATO
- Flash Hider: A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
- Bolt Carrier Group: Mil-Spec MP Tested, Properly Staked Gas Key
- Buffer: H Buffer
- Gas Block: Daniel Defense Pinned Low Profile Gas Block
- Handguard: Daniel Defense Omega X Rail™ 12.0
- Buttstock: MAGPUL MOE Buttstock & Mil-Spec Receiver Extension
- Magazine: MAGPUL 30 round PMag in Black
- Vertical Grip: Daniel Defense A2 Styling Vertical Grip
- Rail Cover: (3) Daniel Defense low profile rail ladders
- Case: Comes with Custom Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
- Weight(no sights): 6lb 10.6oz
- Made in the USA!
Currently, the M4 V5 is chambered in 5.56 NATO, but they will soon be taking orders on .300 BLK guns also. From everyone I’ve talked to that has owned one of these guns, they love them. Daniel Defense definitely has a very good reputation in the industry as a builder of high quality AR-15 rifles. I don’t know about anyone else, but I would certainly like to add one of these to my collection. Vroom.