Ruger has expanded the number of handgun models that can be purchased with factory installed Crimson Trace lasers. Recently added models include:
- LC9 with Crimson Trace Laserguard
- LCR-22 with Crimson Trace Lasergrips
- LCR-357 with Crimson Trace Lasergrips
Previous models with factory option Crimson Trace lasers included:
- LCP with Crimson Trace Laserguard
- LCR with Crimson Trace Lasergrips
Ruger recently announced the LCP and LC9 were available with LaserMax CenterFire laser options. The CenterFire and Laserguard are similar in design, but different in activation. The Laserguard uses a pressure switch on the gun’s grip to activate, while the CenterFire uses a switch on the side of the laser unit.
Price is also a difference between the Crimson Trace and LaserMax offerings. MSRP on a Ruger LC9 with the Cromson Trace Laserguard is $619. The LaserMax version is almost $100 cheaper at $525.