HK announced the introduction of the HK45 Tactical to the civilian market. It looks like you will be able to get them in all sorts of tactical colors and with a threaded barrel.
Probably the oddest thing about this product announcement is that the HK45 Tactical is shown in a photograph with a “dummy” sound suppressor and is captioned “depiction of suppressor does not constitute endorsement.” Huh? Do they not endorse the use of eye protection either?
- Caliber: .45 ACP
- Operating principle: Recoil operated, modified Browning locking system
- Magazine capacity: 10 rounds
- Pistol Weight: 1.98 lbs (with unloaded magazine)
- Magazine Weight: 0.24 pounds
- Action: DA/SA
- DA trigger pull: approximately 11.46 pounds
- SA trigger pull: approximately 4.5 pounds
- Width: 1.54″
- Height: 5.51″
- Overall Length: 8.73″
- Barrel length: 5.16″
- Barrel profile: polygonal profile, right-hand twist, 6 twist lines
- Sights: three-dot Meprolight night sights
- Safeties: automatic hammer safety & firing pin, manual & decocking
HK45 Compact Tactical
Heckler & Koch (H&K) announced they will be showing the new HK45 Compact Tactical pistol at this year’s SHOT Show. The HK45 Compact Tactical is described by Heckler & Koch as “…the closest a civilian can get to [the HK45] military pistol.”
The new H&K handgun will come standard with a threaded barrel, extended magazine (10 rounds) and swappable grip panels. The pistol can take any size HK45 magazines.
The polymer frame has a Picatinny rail. The HK45 Compact Tactical can be outfitted with any one of nine different trigger styles. MSRP runs from $1392 to $1461.