Stag Arms introduced their new Model 3T and Model 3T-M at the 2014 SHOT Show. This is a rifle length direct impingement AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NATO. As with all Stag models the Model 3T and Model 3T-M will be available in both right-handed and left-handed versions.
What sets the 3T apart from the other lines of Stag AR-15’s is a rifle length Diamond Head VRS-T free float hand guard and the rifle length gas system. The Diamond Head VRS-T is a really low profile and lightweight hand guard that has an incredibly good feel and fit. The VRS-T has grooves on the bottom that are shaped to fit your fingers, a flat Picatinny rail the entire length, and modular attachment points along both sides.
The Model 3T-M is an upgraded version of the Model 3T, and includes a Magpul ACS 6-position buttstock, and a Magpul MOE pistol grip. In addition, the front and rear Diamond Head sights are aluminum instead of the polymer on the Model 3T.
These specs are common to both models:
- Caliber – 5.56mm NATO
- Upper Receiver – Forged, Mil-Spec Type 3 hard coat anodizing
- Lower Receiver – 70756 T6 aluminum with Type 3 hard coat anodizing
- Length – 32.25” collapsed, 33.75” extended (3T-M is 33.5”/37”)
- Weight – 7.4 lbs. unloaded
- Sights – Diamond Head (3T – polymer; 3T-M – aluminum)
- Handguards – 13.5” Freefloat Daimondhead VRS-T
- Barrel – 16” chrome lined 4140 steel government profile with A2 flash hider
- Twist Rate – 1:9
- Magazine – 30-round metal (one included)
- Trigger – Mil-Spec
- Stock – Standard 6-position collapsible (3T-M – Magpul ACS 6-position)
- Gas system – Direct impingement
- Warranty – Transferable lifetime
- Accepts Diamond Head rail attachments
- Ships with a plastic rifle case, magazine manual, warranty card, and gun lock
- MSRP – Model 3T – $999; Model 3T-M $1160 (add $20 for left-handed versions)