Stag Arms introduced their new Model 3T and Model 3T-M at the 2014 SHOT Show. This is a rifle length direct impingement AR-15 chambered in 5.56 NATO. As with all Stag models the Model 3T and Model 3T-M will be available in both right-handed and left-handed versions.
What sets the 3T apart from the other lines of Stag AR-15’s is a rifle length Diamond Head VRS-T free float hand guard and the rifle length gas system. The Diamond Head VRS-T is a really low profile and lightweight hand guard that has an incredibly good feel and fit. The VRS-T has grooves on the bottom that are shaped to fit your fingers, a flat Picatinny rail the entire length, and modular attachment points along both sides.
In addition, the Model 3T will have polymer Diamond Head front and rear flip up sights. The sights are the same as the metal version, only made in polymer.
The Model 3T-M is an upgraded version of the Model 3T, and includes a Magpul ACS 6-position buttstock, and a Magpul MOE pistol grip. In addition, the front and rear Diamond Head sights are aluminum instead of the polymer on the Model 3T.
These specs are common to both models:
- Caliber – 5.56mm NATO
- Upper Receiver – Forged, Mil-Spec Type 3 hard coat anodizing
- Lower Receiver – 70756 T6 aluminum with Type 3 hard coat anodizing
- Length – 32.25” collapsed, 33.75” extended (3T-M is 33.5”/37”)
- Weight – 7.4 lbs. unloaded
- Sights – Diamond Head (3T – polymer; 3T-M – aluminum)
- Handguards – 13.5” Freefloat Daimondhead VRS-T
- Barrel – 16” chrome lined 4140 steel government profile with A2 flash hider
- Twist Rate – 1:9
- Magazine – 30-round metal (one included)
- Trigger – Mil-Spec
- Stock – Standard 6-position collapsible (3T-M – Magpul ACS 6-position)
- Gas system – Direct impingement
- Warranty – Transferable lifetime
- Accepts Diamond Head rail attachments
- Ships with a plastic rifle case, magazine manual, warranty card, and gun lock
- MSRP – Model 3T – $999; Model 3T-M $1160 (add $20 for left-handed versions)