Lancer displayed their new L7 Advanced Warfighter Magazine (AWM) at the 2014 SHOT Show. The magazine is specifically designed as an upgraded magazine for semi-auto .308 caliber (7.62x51mm) rifles. The L7 AWM continues Lancer’s famous translucent options in polymer magazines.
Lancer believed that most .308 caliber polymer magazines were not strong enough to sustain repeated firing of the more powerful .30 caliber cartridges. To answer this concern, Lancer combined the lightweight benefit of polymer, with the hardness and durability of steel like their L5 AWM.
In addition, the L7 AWM has a switchable drain located on the floor plate lock, so the shooter can configure the magazines between water and extreme dust conditions. The L7 AWM will work in the SR25, SIG716, DPMS 308, LM308 weapons systems, and will be available in 5, 10, and 20-round capacity magazines. The 5-round capacity magazine is a blocked 10-round magazine.
L7 AWM features:
- Insert molded stainless steel front guard
- Stainless steel rear feed lip
- Impact resistant polymer body
- Straight internal geometry with controlled tilt follower
- Stainless steel spring
- Slide on bottom with switchable drain
- Aggressive texture to improve gripping and retrieval from pouches
- Available for .308/7.62x51mm NATO, 6.5mm and 6mm Creedmoor, .260 Rem., and also for .243 Win.
- Completely designed and manufactured in the USA.
The L7 AWM will be available in the following translucent and opaque options:
- Dark Earth
- Flat Dark Earth
MSRP – TBA, but one online vendor has them priced between $41.95-$47.95 depending on selection, but I imagine the prices will drop into the 30’s as more retailers begin to offer the L7 AWM.