HiViz is one of the companies that has made self-illuminating fiber optic weapon sights very popular among shooters. At this year’s SHOT Show HiViz announced new offerings in some of today’s most popular handguns. HiViz combined the durability of their overmolded sights with the versatility of their LitePipes. Each sight is made of steel, with ramped and serrated sight blade and square profile.
Advancements include a skeletonized sight body that provides the same or greater strength as the overmolded design. The second advancement is the machined internal LitePipe locking feature resulting in the highest level of reliability and longevity.
Each sight comes with three interchangeable “LitePipes” in red, green and white, plus a special key to change out the fiber optic tubes.
New for 2014:
- Glock – Model #GL2014 (fits all Glock models, .080” diameter LitePipe)
- Ruger – Model #SR22 (fits Ruger SR22 with adjustable rear sight)
- Ruger – Model #2245L (fits Ruger 22/45 Lite Model with adjustable rear sight – this model also comes with six LitePipes of various colors)
- Springfield – Model #XS2014 (fits all XD, XDs, and XD-M models except the XD 5.25)
- Smith & Wesson – Model #SW2014 (fits M&P full size, compact, and Shield models).
There will also be new Camo Series sights: TriViz, Remington ETA, and BirdBuster. The TriViz incorporates the unique hooded rear sight with two fiber optic “dots” to match up with the front sight for a 3-point sight picture. TriViz is designed to fit most shotguns with vent ribs from 1/4” to 3/8” and a removable front bead sight.
The Remington ETA sight is a magnetic sight for Remington shotguns. Included are (2) red, and (2) green round sights, and (1) red, and (1) green triangular sight. These sights will fit all Remington shotguns with a 9/32” wide rib.
Finally, the BirdBuster sight includes a red and green round, and triangular LitePipes, along with three sight frames and one magnetic set. The BirdBuster sights will fit vent ribbed shotguns from 1/4” to 3/8” wide ribs.