There are a lot of firearms out there, but so little solid information on many of them. The solution? A gun encyclopedia. This page links/will link to the informational pages on various firearms. These pages are not reviews, rather they are informational pages - sort of like an old-school encyclopedia. Make sure you check out our gun reviews if that is what you are looking for.
- ArmaLite 300 BLK Rifle – Details on the ArmaLite AR-15 rifle designed for the .300 AAC BLACKOUT cartridge.
- Beretta Nano – The Beretta Nano is one of a new generation of subcompact pistols designed for concealed carry. Since its introduction in 2011, this pistol has become wildly popular with knowledgeable citizens looking to protect themselves.
- Beretta Nano Holster Roundup – The ultimate guide to holsters for the Beretta Nano. There are a lot of them out there now, and it is likely that you will find what you need mentioned in this article.
- Beretta Px4 Storm Sub-Compact Pistol – This handgun will be familiar to anyone who has shot a full size or compact Px4 Storm. It is equally are reliable and certainly a lot of fun to shoot. We have all of the details on this pistol here.
- Caracal CAR 816 – The 816 is an M-4 style, select-fire rifle made in the UAE. It uses a piston system similar to the Ruger SR556 with a four position gas port. It takes STANAG-compliant mags and a variety of AR furniture.
- Caracal CC10 – This is a pistol caliber carbine introduced by Caracal in 2012. At this time, it appears the gun has been pulled from the company’s line up and it is not listed in the company catalog. We’ve got information on the gun here.
- Charter Arms Patriot Revolvers – We have the whole story of the Patriot line here. It has been discontinued and the information scrubbed from the Charter Arms site, but we’ve put it all together for you.
- Glock 30SF – The ‘short frame’ version of the model 30 is still chambered in .45 ACP. This model has done a little shaving on the grip to make it more user friendly.
- Glock 42 Holsters – A comprehensive list of holsters for the single-stack .380 ACP pistol.
- Ruger LCR – Informational page on the world’s first polymer framed revolver, the LCR. Ruger introduced this little revolver a few years ago and it has proved to be very popular for concealed carry and backup duties.
- Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt – Details on the Ruger Redhawk chambered in .45 Colt. This gun was discontinued, but then was reintroduced in 2008.
- SIG SAUER P238 – The P238 is a single action pistol chambered for the .380 ACP. Based on the Colt Mustang, the P238 is very popular with the public.
- SIG Sauer P250 Holster Roundup – Like the other holster roundups, this article covers a very large number of the scabbards available for the SIG P250.
- Smith & Wesson 57 Classic – The original .41 Magnum was reintroduced at the 2009 SHOT Show. There were four variations, but S&W has trimmed the line down to just one. Full details along with original sales sheets and more.
- Smith & Wesson 629 Stealth Hunter – Details on the special Stealth Hunter version of the classic .44 Magnum revolver.
- Smith & Wesson 632 – The S&W 632 is a confusing series of guns chambered for the .327 Magnum. We sort it all out and give you a lot of details and photos.
- Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 38 – The polymer framed, snub nose revolver has a built in laser and a completely new cylinder release. You’ve got to hold one to really understand this gun, but we’ve got all of the details here.
- Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 – S&W introduced two Bodyguard handguns: a semi-automatic in .380 ACP and a polymer-framed revolver in .38 Special. This article covers the Bodyguard 380.
- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm Pro Series – Details about the Pro series from the crew at Smith & Wesson.
- Smith & Wesson Night Guard Revolvers – Smith & Wesson introduced a line of high-end defensive revolvers called Night Guard. The guns were introduced at the 2008 SHOT Show and covers a wide range of calibers.
- Smith & Wesson Shield – The smallest member of the M&P family, the Shield is a very thin pistol chambered in 9mm and .40 S&W. Early sales have been extremely brisk.
- Taurus 590 Revolver – Ever owned a 5mm revolver? Take a look at this hunting handgun from Taurus. Even though it was listed in multiple catalogs, we have not yet been able to confirm if the gun ever made it into production before being struck from the line up.
- Taurus 845 Pistol – The full run down on this popular .45 ACP handgun. Like many modern pistols, it uses a polymer frame, but is not striker fired.
- Winchester Salvo Rifle – This is one of the more interesting guns in the development of US military firearms. Think of a double-barrel FAL shooting duplex 5.56 rounds and you have an idea of what this gun is. Plenty of original photos of the gun from the Springfield Armory.
- 9×18 Makarov Ammunition for Self Defense Guide – This is a comprehensive guide to personal protection ammo choices in the 9×18 Makarov caliber.
As you can see, we are still building out this section. If there are specific guns out there you would like to see more information on, or guns which you have special knowledge of, please let us know.
Surviving the Street: Guide to Concealed Carry of a Firearm
Essential information on concealed carry. This book has just the basics - not a lot of fluff to get bogged down in. Easy to read, Surviving the Street introduces the reader to the important information you need as an armed citizen.
The author presents frank information about self defense in a way that is easy to understand and use.