Daniel Defense announced on their blog that they will bring an AR-platform carbine chambered for the .300 BLKÂ to the market in 2012. Â The new caliber will be found in the company’s M4 V5 carbine.
The .300 BLK, or .300 BLACKOUT, has gotten a lot of traction during the past year. Â I’ve previously said that I expect we will see a lot of guns and ammunition at the 2012 SHOT Show introduced for this cartridge.
The Daniel Defense M4 V5 is a mid-length carbine that comes with all of the bells and whistles. Â From the M4 V5 product page:
- Lower Receiver: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point
- Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps
- Barrel: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 16â€³ Govt Profile, Mid-length Gas System, Chrome Lined, MP tested, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate coated
- Chamber: 5.56 NATO
- Flash Hider: A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
- Bolt Carrier Group: Mil-Spec MP Tested, Properly Staked Gas Key
- Buffer: H Buffer
- Gas Block: Daniel Defense Pinned Low Profile Gas Block
- Handguard: Daniel Defense Omega X Railâ„¢ 12.0
- Buttstock: MAGPUL MOE Buttstock & Mil-Spec Receiver Extension
- Magazine: MAGPUL 30 round PMag in Black
- Vertical Grip: Daniel Defense A2 Styling Vertical Grip
- Rail Cover: (3) Daniel Defense low profile rail ladders
- Case: Comes with Custom Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
- Weight(no sights): 6lb 10.6oz
- Made in the USA!
Currently, the M4 V5 is chambered in 5.56 NATO, but they will soon be taking orders on .300 BLK guns also. Â From everyone I’ve talked to that has owned one of these guns, they love them. Â Daniel Defense definitely has a very good reputation in the industry as a builder of high quality AR-15 rifles. Â I don’t know about anyone else, but I would certainly like to add one of these to my collection. Â Vroom.