The brand new Ruger American Rimfire rifle is set to set the industry on fire after it was unveiled Thursday. Â The new bolt action gun is set up with a range of new features that are likely to excite a wide range of shooters.
The new rifles will come in standard and compact styles and in two rimfire calibers: Â .22 LR and .22 WMR. Â Some of the features are similar to the 10/22 rifles (such as magazine compatibility), but there are some really interesting new features.
Here are some of the top features of the new Ruger American Rimfire Rifle:
- Each Ruger American Rimï¬reâ„¢ riï¬‚e includes two interchangeable stock modules that provide comb height optionsÂ for scope or iron sight use. Standard models come with long length of pull modules, while compact models come withÂ short length of pull modules. By simply removing the rear sling swivel stud, stock modules can be changed in seconds.Â All four stock modules are completely interchangeable across all models and are available at ShopRuger.com.
- Models chambered in .22 LR feature the detachable, ï¬‚ush-mounted 10/22Â® BX-1 10-round rotary magazine.
- Accepts all 10/22Â® magazines, including the BX-25Â® and BX-25Â®x2.
- Models chambered in .22 Magnum use the detachable, ï¬‚ush-mounted JMX-1 9-round rotary magazine.
- Easy-to-use 10/22Â®-style extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss magazine removal.
- Patent-pending Power BeddingÂ® integral bedding block system positively locates the receiver and free-ï¬‚oats theÂ barrel for outstanding accuracy.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustableâ„¢ trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable betweenÂ 3 and 5 pounds.
- Ergonomic, lightweight black composite stock (designed for quick, easy handling) blends a classic look withÂ modern forend contouring and grip serrations.
- Features a visible, accessible and easy-to-actuate tang safety.
- Satin blued, target-crowned, hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise riï¬‚ing that provides exceptional accuracy,Â longevity and easy cleaning.
- A 3/8” rimï¬re scope base is machined into the receiver, which is also drilled and tapped forÂ WeaverÂ® #12 bases (not included).
- A 60Ëš bolt provides ample scope clearance, while an easy-to-use, receiver-mounted bolt release allows the bolt to beÂ readily removed without requiring a pull of the trigger, a unique safety feature among rimï¬re, bolt-action riï¬‚es.
- Also Includes: Williamsâ„¢ ï¬ber optic front sight and 10/22Â®-style adjustable, “V” slot, folding-leaf rear sight;Â sling swivel studs.
Ruger American Rimfire Rifle
|calibers||.22 LR, .22 WMR||.22 LR, .22 WMR|
|magazine capacity||10 rds (.22 LR) or 9 rds (.22 WMR)||10 rds (.22 LR) or 9 rds (.22 WMR)|
|weight (unloaded)||6 pounds||5.38 pounds|
|front sight||Williams fiber optic||Williams fiber optic|
|rear sight||adjustable, folding leaf||adjustable, folding leaf|
|stock||black composite||black composite|
|barrel||alloy steel, blued||alloy steel, blued|
The new American Rimfire Rifle really looks like another winner for Ruger. Â I can only imagine what demand is going to look like for this rifle. Â In an earnings call earlier this month, Ruger CEO Michael Fifer stated sales of the American Rifle, a centerfire rifle released earlier this year, exceeded expectations. Â I suspect that the American Rimfire Rifle will also blow away expectations.