Brownells introduced the Foreign Weapons Field Kit, a tool kit designed to service Soviet-bloc firearms in the field.Â This tool kit may be of great interest to Special Forces and other allied troops who work closely with the indigenous peoples of Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as the thousands of military surplus firearms collectors here in the United States.
The kit contains tools for servicing a variety of Soviet-type foreign weapons, including the AK-47/AKM assault rifle, PK/PKM/PKMS 7.62mm machine gun, Dragunov SVD sniper rifle, DShK/DShKM 12.7mm machine gun, and RPG-7 grenade launcher.
The foreign weapons field kit lets you field-strip these weapons quickly for cleaning, maintenance, adjustment, and repair without the confusion and down time spent scrounging for the proper tools.
The kit includes:
- 7.62 x 39 broken shell extractor,
- 7.62 x 54R broken shell extractor,
- 7.62 x 39 Go/No-Go gauges,
- 7.62 x 54R Go/No-Go gauges,
- AK-47/SKS front sight tool,
- No. 10 slot head screwdriver,
- 6″ chain nose pliers,
- 1″ nylon/brass hammer,
- 4 oz. ball peen hammer,
- 6″ adjustable crescent wrench,
- 6″ mill file,
- starter punch set (1?16″, 3?32″, 1?8″ & 5?32″),
- pin punch set (1?16″, 3?32″, 1?8″ & 5?32″),
- prick punch,
- center punch,
- DelrinÂ® bench block,
- double-ended nylon gun parts cleaning brush,
- stainless steel cleaning brush,
- #3 acid brush,
- cleaning rod (4 sections with slotted tip),
- 8-32 to 5?16″-27 rod adapter,
- Double-TuffTM phosphor bronze bore brush set (7.62mm, 12.7mm, 18mm & 40mm),
- 40mm cotton bore mop,
- (100) 1Â¼” dia. heavy duty flannel cotton patches, and
- a heavy duty O.D. green Cordura nylon case.
If you are deployed in harm’s way, or if you are a collector of surplus firearms, you may want to consider the Foreign Weapons Field Kit to supplement your tools.
Update – Since its introduction, this package has been fairly popular at Brownells. It is currently out of stock. The pack has an MSRP of $376.99.
One reply on “Foreign Weapons Field Tool Kit”
In this kit for foreign weapons, it needs to come with a bigger hammer. Maybe a 5 pound dead blow…. Just a thought