The SIG P938 pistol has generated a lot of interest from shooters ever since word of it leaked in late 2011. The P938 is a single-action-only handgun chambered in 9mm.
I can understand why this pistol would generate a lot of interest. Essentially, the P938 is a 9mm version of the very popular SIG p238 handgun. Talking with one of the SIG reps, he said that the pistol has the same look and feel of the P238, and it doesn’t feel much larger than the .380 ACP gun. It is possible that many of the same holsters that fit the P238 will also work for the P938.
The SIG P938 will come in a variety of packages that have become standard across the classic SIG line including Equinox, Rosewood and Extreme. Night sights are standard, with one option utilizing a TRUGLO tritium-fiber optic front sight.
Magazine capacity is six rounds.
The P938 is scheduled to start shipping around the second quarter of 2012. Expect to see these at the NRA convention.
SIG SAUER® P938TM Packs 9mm Power Into P238®-sized Platform
The company’s smallest 9mm ever is based on one of its best-selling pistols
With the introduction of the P938, SIG SAUER now offers the ballistic advantage of the 9mm cartridge in a platform similar in size to the best-selling P238 pistol.
A single-action-only trigger, coupled with full-size SIGLITE® Night Sights makes the P938 handle like a much larger pistol, yet is still easy to carry concealed.
“As soon as the P238 was introduced, we began to see demand for a 9mm version,” said Ron Cohen, SIG SAUER President and Chief Executive Officer. “We wanted to maintain the P238 accuracy and reliability, while providing the extra punch of the larger caliber.”
With dimensions just slightly larger than its .380ACP counterpart, the P938 packs six plus one rounds of 9mm into an all-metal frame. The cocked-and-locked single-action trigger gives the P938 unmatched accuracy in a pistol its size.
Fans of the 1911 will find the thumb safety, magazine release and slide stop lever in familiar places. An ambidextrous safety makes the P938 easy for left- and right-handed shooters. An extended seven-round magazine will be available separately.
The most compact 9mm in the SIG SAUER product line, the P938 will be available in five configurations.
- Rosewood: Features a Nitron®-coated stainless steel slide over a dark hard anodized alloy frame. Hogue® Rosewood Grips round out this package.
- Blackwood: A natural stainless steel slide and black hard coat anodized alloy frame are paired with Hogue Blackwood grips.
- Extreme: Following in the footsteps of other Extreme models, this P938 has a Nitron-coated stainless slide and black anodized frame. Hogue G-10 Piranha grips in black and grey provide maximum grip and a distinctive look.
- SAS: The SIG Anti-Snag treatment removes all sharp edges and corners on the slide and frame. A natural stainless steel slide contrasts with the black hard coat anodized alloy frame and the stippled walnut grips.
- Equinox: A polished Nitron two-tone slide is paired with a black hard coat anodized frame. Tru-Glo® front and SIGLITE rear sights and Hogue black Diamondwood grips complete this package.
Surviving the Street: Guide to Concealed Carry of a Firearm
Essential information on concealed carry. This book has just the basics - not a lot of fluff to get bogged down in. Easy to read, Surviving the Street introduces the reader to the important information you need as an armed citizen.
The author presents frank information about self defense in a way that is easy to understand and use.