Another new gun shown at the 2013 SHOT Show is the Kahr CM45 (Model #4543).Â The CM series of handguns is the economy version of the PM series that Kahr produces.Â Adding the venerable .45 ACP caliber to the CM series of handguns should bode well for Kahr, as the CM series has been a popular line for the company.Â Although, not the top of the line offering like the PM series, the CM series still offers many desired features, while allowing a market price far below the PM series.
Kahr CM45 Specifications:
- Striker fired, Double-action only
- Trigger cocking
- Conventional rifling, instead of polygonal
- Weight – Not specified
- Magazine weight – Not specified
- Overall length – Not specified
- Barrel length – 3.14â€
- Width – Not specified
- 5+1 capacity, stainless steel magazine
- Textured grip on front and back
- Staked front sight, instead of dovetail
- Metal Injection Molded (MIM) slide stop lever instead of machined
- Slide will lock back after last shot
- MSRP $517 (as compared to $855 for the PM45)
Unfortunately, I got bad news when I talked with Frank Harris at the Kahr booth to try to pick up the details that the rep at Media Day did not have.Â Frank told me that the CM45 has been put on hold, and they are not releasing the specifications until later this year.Â He seemed to think that it would be at least 4th quarter before the CM45 would be ready.
Frank mentioned that Kahr was waiting to see â€œhow things play outâ€, and that there had been â€œproduction changesâ€ in the last few weeks.Â I believe Frank was referring to the drastic gun control measures being tossed around in the States.Â I do find his comments a little odd though, considering the low capacity of the CM45.Â However some have called for a ban on all detachable magazines.Â Until the dust settles, youâ€™ll have to live with â€œnot specifiedâ€ on a lot of this pistolâ€™s details.