Well, that’s just what they released. Say hello to the new Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW.
Available in both pistol and SBR configurations, the AR-style weapon system was designed to be both compact and easy to transport. With a 7″ barrel, the pistol version has an overall length of 20.75″. The SBR is slightly longer at 21.0″. This suggests it should be able to fit into backpacks or specialized weapons packs like the ESS Stealth SBR Backpack.
At launch, the guns were only chambered for the 300 BLK cartridge. Over time, the company could introduce other cartridges depending on customer demand.
Pistol variants are equipped with a Maxim Defense CQB Pistol Brace in lieu of a rifle stock. SBR versions are NFA items, meaning additional paperwork and tax stamps, but you get a Maxim Defense CQB Gen 7 collapsible stock.
“I believe our new DDM4 PDW is the absolute best gun you can buy to protect your family. And protecting our families is the most important thing any of us can ever do,” said Daniel Defense President & CEO Marty Daniel. “It’s accurate, easy to shoot, and compact. I couldn’t be any prouder of this groundbreaking product.”
Additional features of these guns:
- 7″ barrel with 1:7″ twist
- barrels are cold hammer forged with S2W profile
- enhanced buffer system that ensure reliable operation with short barrel, subsonic loads and suppressor use
- 6″ MFR XL flat front rail
- SLR M-LOK MOD2 handstop
- linear comp to redirect muzzle blast forward
- ambidextrous GRIP-N-RIP charging handle
- Made in the USA (of course)
- Pistol MSRP: $1,865 (Updated: $2,073)
- SBR MSRP: $1,935 (Updated: $2,012)
Daniel Defense shipped both versions of the DDM4 PDW starting in February 2020. They are both still in the company’s catalog at this time.
I don’t know about you, but the SBR with a suppressor looks like it would be a fun gun to run and worth the two stamps.
Last Update: September 22, 2021