Here is a list of all of the gun reviews done on GunsHolstersAndGear. Handguns, rifles and shotguns are all (or will be) listed here.
Getting out and testing guns is very enjoyable, but we take gun reviews seriously. If a gun has flaws, you will hear about them. While some people might be looking for a recreational firearm, we know many people are looking for firearms with which they can protect their lives. We’re not going to give you a load of bovine excrement in these reviews. If we like it, we say so. If we don’t, we tell you why.
- ATI Polymer AR-15 Lower Review – Looking for an inexpensive lower to build an AR-15? You would be hard pressed to find anything less expensive. But low cost doesn’t always mean good value. Read the review to see how the ATI lower fared.
- Bersa BP9CC Review – This is the first Bersa pistol I have ever owned, and I am very impressed. This gun shot extremely well and was reliable.
- Charter Arms Off Duty Review – The Off Duty is a credible alternative to the model 642 revolver from S&W. The price is reasonable and the features are surprisingly good – superior in some cases to the Smith & Wesson.
- CZ P-07 Duty Review – In this gun review, we take a look at the CZ P-07 Duty, a polymer-framed version of the popular CZ 75 line of handguns.
- Diamondback DB9 Review – Review of the tiny pocket 9mm made in Florida. We push this little gun well beyond its stated limits and were pleased to see that it, and we, survived.
- Gen 4 Glock Review: Evolution, not Revolution – When the Gen 4 Glock pistols came out, we got them out on the range. They are a nice evolution in the line.
- HK VP9 Review – We put the new VP9 through its paces with more than 1,200 rounds of ammo and 10 shooters. The gun ran flawlessly and was an instant hit with everyone. Check out the photos, details and video here.
- IWI Tavor Review – Aaron gets range time with the newly imported IWI Tavor rifle. This is an amazing combat rifle that will make an excellent home defense or patrol rifle.
- Kahr CM9 Review – Photos and video augment this evaluation of the inexpensive CM9 pistol from Kahr. I liked this gun so much, that I bought it. That is a lot more than I can say about some of the guns I have reviewed.
- Remington 783 Review – In this review of the model 783 rifle from Remington, Aaron takes a close look at the amazing new hunting gun that replaces the 770 series.
- Ruger LCR Review – The original polymer revolver is also the best of the bunch, rivaling even the highly-regarded Smith & Wesson J-frames.
- SIG SAUER P224 Review – A chopped SIG, the P224 was surprisingly easy to shoot. Like all SIG P-series pistols, it proved to be very reliable.
- SIG SAUER P226 E2 Review – What is now standard started life as an E2 option. SIG SAUER’s attempt to improve the handling characteristics of its classic P226 was successful beyond imagination.
- SIG Sauer P226R Review – This is the third SIG Sauer P226 I’ve reviewed, and the fourth I have owned. The current generation of P226 pistols now incorporate an accessory rail and the E2 improvements made several years ago to the line.
- SIG Sauer P227 Review – Introduced in 2013, we got to shoot the SIG P227 and give it a solid workout. It shot very well and feels great in the hand. It has the E2 enhancements.
- SIG Sauer P290 RS Enhanced Review – The SIG P290 RS pistols are an updated version of the company’s subcompact 9mm handguns. Our proved to be very reliable and accurate.
- Smith & Wesson CORE Review – If you are thinking about adding an optic to your self defense handgun, take a good look at the CORE pistols from Smith & Wesson. These M&P handguns are optics ready from the factory.
- Smith & Wesson SD40 Review – Shockingly, this inexpensive S&W pistol proved to be a great little shooter and a flawless performer. It could be the best bargain in modern handguns.
- Springfield XD-S 4.0 9mm Review – We take the 4″ version of this subcompact pistol out to the range and get some serious trigger time in. It wound up impressing us, and we share the details. But, be warned, there is one serious problem with the gun that you need to know about before carrying it for self-defense.
- Springfield XD-S 45 Review – We got to shoot the .45 caliber version of the XD-S concealed carry pistol and talk to “the great one” about the new pistol. Multiple videos and photos, plus lots of information.
- Springfield XDS 9mm Review – We got a chance to shoot this new, single-stack pistol at the SHOT Show. It is a great little shooter and will be a huge seller when it hits the stores.
- T/C Venture Compact Rifle Review – We get a great evaluation of the Venture Compact rifle from T/C. Aaron gets the opportunity to shoot the gun and talk directly to the designers about this gun.
- Taurus 709 SLIM Review – This gun was one we wished had worked, but between bulging cases and the warranty center breaking the rear sight, we were very displeased with our experience.
- Taurus 740 SLIM Review – We take a look at this little .40 caliber handgun and are ultimately disappointed with a gun we really wanted to like.
- Taurus 905 Review: 9mm Revolver – While not perfect, this rimless-ammo-fed revolver offers some interesting characteristics worth considering for self-defense.
- Winchester 1873 Review – Bringing back a classic, the Winchester 1873 made its way into our hands for a range review. This sharp looking lever-action rifle is a great performer.
So, what guns do you want to see reviewed? Old guns, new guns, surplus guns? Crazy expensive or firearms that are within the reach of the common man? You let us know and we will try to bring you the gun reviews you want!
Surviving the Street: Guide to Concealed Carry of a Firearm
Essential information on concealed carry. This book has just the basics - not a lot of fluff to get bogged down in. Easy to read, Surviving the Street introduces the reader to the important information you need as an armed citizen.
The author presents frank information about self defense in a way that is easy to understand and use.